Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sweet or Salty?

Both! I wasn't sure how these would turn out but I figured I'd try it out and it turns out my husband and kids loved them! They were both sweet and salty, but not as salty as I thought they might be. I admit I was a little afraid to try them, I mean, who's ever heard of potato chips in a cookie? I waited to try them until after my husband deemed them okay!




Potato Chip Cookies

2 c. flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 c. butter

1 c. sugar

1 egg

1 tsp vanilla

1 1/4 c crushed potato chips (I used regular ripple chips)

Whisk together flour and baking soda. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. Stir dry ingredients into butter mixture. Stir in crushed potato chips.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 12-15 minutes at 350.

Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container.

No comments: