Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

Someone seems to be playing an April Fools trick on us. I checked the weather forecast before I went to bed last night and it said there was a possibility of up to 1 cm of snow. POSSIBILITY. We woke up this morning to over 8" of the fluffy white stuff. The boys, who were playing outside just yesterday in their spring jackets, were excited about the weather change. I. WAS. NOT.


We live in an area that gets Chinooks so, although we get snow throughout the winter it generally melts every few weeks. Not so this winter. We have had snow sitting in our yard since November. I thought yesterday, being 12 C, might have been the end of it since the few remaining drifts were disappearing quite quickly, nope! So, here I am, sitting in my little snow globe, waiting for spring! Hopefully it will all have melted by Easter!

No comments: