Friday, October 17, 2008

Cottage Cheese Crescents

This is a recipe from my Nana, whenever I taste them it brings me back to her kitchen helping her make them. She always keeps some on hand in the freezer to share with whoever might stop by. My boys love them, and if I happen to step out of the room while they are cooling I might just come back to find them all gone!


Cottage Cheese Crescents
1 c butter
2 c cottage cheese
dash of salt
2 c flour
4 t milk or cream
1 c icing sugar

Bring butter and cottage cheese to room temperature. Beat with paddle of stand mixer until well combined. Add salt and flour and beat until smooth and elastic. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Roll each part into a 6" circle (about 1/2"thick). Cut each circle into 8 wedges, and roll up each wedge starting at the rounded edge. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet, curve slightly, and repeat with remaining dough.

Bake 30-40 minutes until nicely browned. Cool on racks.

Combine milk or cream and icing sugar and drizzle over cooled crescents.

No comments: